Nameer Khan

Valued Member
Reaction score

Brooklyn Vasquez

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes very; it depends on how well you do your water changes for it to be successful. If you are that passionate about your tank then yes you have a slight chance of making it a successful tank. Although it will be hard to maintain the bioload because the tank is overstocked.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nameer Khan said:
This is a 14 gallon tank with 250g/h canister filer, two water changes week that are backed up with a bacteria booster. The tank is heavily planed. Is it overstocked and can the tank be successful:

1 powder blue dwarf gourami
5 panda corydoras
3 African dwarf frogs
8 ember tetra
2 zebra nerite snail
Blue bolt shrimp
Orange rili shrimp

(the tetra, gourami and cories were an idea from aquarium coop, the rest came because a friend needed to get rid of them.)
Not really too bad. The embers have a very low bioload, same with cories. The dwarf gourami is a bit bigger but if you keep up your water changes it should be fine. I would keep an eye on the frogs, maybe feed them with tongs to make sure they are getting enough to eat.!

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think it’s fine since you have plenty of filtration. Just do water changes according to your parameters.

Brooklyn Vasquez

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
abarb said:
I think it’s fine since you have plenty of filtration. Just do water changes according to your parameters.
Totally forgot to look at the filtration thanks for reminding me! I agree I wouldn't say it is too bad but not to the point where you can forget about it!

Heathen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Just keep an eye on the frogs, as they may go after the shrimp since these guys have poor eyesight and will lunge after something in front of them if it moves and they think it's food. They also do better if they have their own dish to eat from that is contrasted/bright against the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom