Is There Something Wrong With The Cory?

Dutch2016

Reaction score
One of the Cory's is trying to hide in the plastic plants. I moved the plant and he swam away and now is hiding in another plant. This is the first time observing this kind of behavior. Could there be something wrong whit it?
There are five Cory's but the one hiding is a different kind then the other four. Could that make a difference and it is stressed?

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
It is possible it is stressed since it is a different species. Can you share more information about the tank, such as size, temp, ammonia, etc?

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If they are two different varieties they won't usually school together. You need to go and buy some mates for that Cory, or give him back.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Dutch2016 said:
55g tank, 2 Female, 1 Male Swordtails, 4 Punctatus Cory's, 1 Pepper (possibly) PH: 8.4, Ammonia.25, Nitirite:0, Nitrate: 10. Tank has been running since around the first of March.
You have an ammonia reading, which may also be accounting for the cory hiding. Does your tap water have nitrates?

Dutch2016

Reaction score
Fahn said:
You have an ammonia reading, which may also be accounting for the cory hiding. Does your tap water have nitrates?
We have well water which goes through a filter system. Have not tested the water itself for nitrates.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd lower the temps a bit - it's too high for the cories. I'd rehome the peppered and add more punctatus, or else add more of both (and lower temps to 73 - 74 F).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom