Is there something wrong with my water?

Utengs

Hey. I wanna start off by saying that the water tests that I just ran turned out as following:
NO2: 0,1 mg/l (ppm) (green line)
NO3: 15 mg/p (ppm) (orange line)
NH4: <0,05 mg/l (ppm) (green line)
pH: 6,5 (orange line)

I know that the pH and the NO3need to be better and we're changing water often and use different water conditioners, aqua safe, stabilization formulas etc to try and get them back on the green line.

two of our fish, not at the same time but within 5 minutes of each other, started jumping and then just sunk to the bottom. We moved them to a quarantine tank and they're both just laying at the bottom but still breathing and they move around every now and then. None of them have shown any signs of illnesses before, and nothing has drastically changed in the water conditions the past two weeks as we've been keeping a close eye on it. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Please answer as I'm scared all of our fish will die. They're both cichlids, one Lionhead and one I can't remember the name of. Thank you so much in advance!!

aquagirllover

What species of fish? Did you notice any aggression last few days between them and any other fish that may be in the tank?

Utengs

aquagirllover said:
What species of fish? Did you notice any aggression last few days between them and any other fish that may be in the tank?
Like I said in the text it's one lionhead cichlid and one cichlid that I don't remember the name of. It's purple with yellow finns (especially the top one) and it has a black line on its forehead if that tells you anything. And no I haven't seen any abnormal aggressive behavior, the only aggression is between the two big male ones who every now and then try to be bossy, but they're both still okay.

Salem

I'm curious what tests you're using that has a green line indicator. I can't offer any help sadly but the pH being at 6.5 is perfectly fine and doesn't need to be changed.

Wait what's your ammonia readings and what things are you using to change the pH?

Utengs

Salem said:
Wait what's your ammonia readings and what things are you using to change the pH?
Ammonia is <0,05 (the nh4 test) and I'm using JBL tests and something called "neutral regulator" from seachem to rais the pH. I was told that the types of cichlids that I have should have between 7 and 8 pH so I'm not too worried about the pH now but would like it to be higher on the scale just to be on the safe side. (Adding photos of the tests and pH thing)

Latest threads

Top Bottom