Is there something wrong with my platy

Ayshea777
My fish as developed this funny coat and I wondered what could be wrong. Hes staying to him self and seems to have to work harder to get anywhere. Ph 7.5/ ammonia 0.2/ nitrite 0/ nitrate 20. Doing water changes daily to get ammonia down but this seems to be the only fish suffering. Any help much appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tank is juwel trigon 190. I have in it 2 red platys, 5 green eye tetra, 3 black skirt tetra, 3 tiger barb, 2 mollies, 3 endlers, 1 dwarf pleco and a catfish (not sure of type as partner bought without me) 2 gouramis, 2 sucker loach, 4 silver tip tetra, 2 electric blue rams and a mysterious fish which I thinks a guppy that we were given by accident.

Advertisement
Dovah
Welcome to Fish Lore, @, hope you're well.

It looks like it could be excessive slime coat, possibly a response to ammonia present in your water. Do you know of and understand the nitrogen cycle? Are you using a bottled bacteria supplement like Seachem Stability to help accelerate your cycle? Which water conditioner/dechlorinator are you using?

Can you provide a picture of your dwarf pleco? Your two gouramis? Your mystery fish? Your catfish? Here's a link to help post pictures:
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/how-to-attach-pictures-to-posts.169875/

Do you know what genders you have of your livebearers? (Platies, mollies, Endlers?)

You've got a lot going on in your aquarium. I'd do no more than two schooling/shoaling species in a 190 litre/50 gallon tank (any of your tetras, your tiger barbs). These fish should also be in groups of six at the very least.

Ayshea777
Update the fish has passed away. Soooo gutted. Will this happen to others?

Yes I know about the nitrogen cycle, I'm using a tap water conditioner by apI and filter aid which were the ones offered at local pet store. When we got the livebreaders we asked for all male but by the looks there's one female after checking them over. We only have the tiger barbs and black skirt tetras due them being bullied from a family members tank. They seem to be doing fine in ours no problems.

Sorry can't get a good picture as mystery fish swims fast

image.jpg

Catfish

image.jpg

Pleco

image.jpg

Gouramis

image.jpg

Dovah
Sorry for your loss. I think as long as you keep your parameters good (zero ammonia, zero nitrite, less than 20 ppm nitrates) you shouldn't have any other problems.

The mystery fish looks like a male guppy to me.
The gourami looks to be a male powder blue dwarf. I can't see the other one but if it looks the same they are both male and one should be rehomed because they will eventually fight to the death.
The fish below the gourami in the picture looks like a Chinese algae eater, though Anders can confirm. Is that the sucker loach you were talking about?
I have no idea about the catfish, Anders will be able to help here as well.
The pleco picture is just the same picture as the catfish.

Anders247

Anders247
Welcome to fishlore!
The pics you have in your last post don't work for me.

Ayshea777
Sorry can you see these?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Advertisement
Anders247
The bottom pic is a bristlenose pleco and the top is some type of Synodontis sp.

CowBoYReX
Pretty sure it's a syno petricola
Take that back, is there a white line on the dorsal and if so is it in front or back?

Ayshea777
The white line is on the back of the dorsal fin. Is there a reason why you would take it back.... just curious as this is my partners favourite and ill need a pretty good reason. Thanks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AddictedToFishh
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
CindiL
Replies
Views