Is there something wrong with me?

1. Omgami Member Member

Do you think its okay that I got up 15 minutes early to spend time with my fish before work? I soaked their pellets and watched them while they ate.
    My newest betta, Flame built a bubble nest last night! I managed to get photos of both tanks, now I will fiqure out how to get them from the camera to the website. This is crazy I need to move the tanks into the same room, back and forth, back and forth I go. Look at that one,no no look at this one! Help!

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;rl sounds normal to me!!!

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/how-do-i/12826-how-do-i-attach-pictures-my-post.html is how you can upload them to here...if you get an error or a white page after uploading, you need to resize them

3. Omgami Member Member

Whew!

4. Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

did it make you SMILE:) ? then its OK:;dete

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;nw

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Only 15 minutes? Are you new? LOL (just teasing you). Hope you're doing well Ogami. Part of the hobby is taking time to enjoy your labors. Enjoy your fish all that you can :) I find aquariums very relaxing, calming, soothing. Relieves a lot of stress. I'm very fortunate to be able to enjoy my tanks hour after hour :)
    Have a good day!
    Ken

7. Omgami Member Member

Big smile,warmed the cockles of my heart. My dogs can't fiqure out this new morning routine and DH is still sleeping, he doesn't know yet that I'vegone over the edge.

8. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

some of the things we have done for our fish babies, make our non aquatic family/friends really want to commit us LOL ...(or at least around me they do!!) even my cableman thinks im off my rocker when he comes over haha...

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

You're a normal fishkeeper. All of us do things for our fish that our non-fish friends and family think is nuts. These little finned babies train us to meet their needs.

I get up an 5:30 every morning to feed my tanks, even on my days off. It gives me time to check on them, make sure everyone is healthy, check the equipment and get some morning time with each finned member. I spend more time with the fish each morning than it takes me to get ready for work or whatever I'm getting done that day. I also don't eat breakfast until my fish and birds have eaten in the morning.

10. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

I can't study in the living room anymore b/c my fish give me funny looks for it :p
    A sort of "Hey! Hey! I'm over here! Why aren't you here with me? You're always over here with me? See! See I'm doing the wiggle thing, come on look up, loooook up... Yay!!! You're doing the smiley thing! Now feed me again this is hard work!" :p

11. Borisbbadd Guest

Does this mean we are all normaly......... abnormal ?

12. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughing Yep, absolutely:;hf

13. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Many's the time when I've woken up just to realize that I fell asleep sitting in front of the fish tank watching my cleaning crew. They are more active at night with just enough light for me to see them. 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, watching them cruise around grazing on the mossy rocks I bring in for them . . . z z zzzz

14. Omgami Member Member

Thanks everyone. I feel like I am normal for a fish lover. I could watch my fish all day. I find myself staring at the tank even when the fish are sleeping just waiting for anything to happen. Very relaxing.

15. click Well Known Member Member

I now drink my morning coffee in front of my new "live TV" as I call it :giggle:
    It's perfectly normal, and you know what the best part? It doesn't get old after a while, the tank is so captivating I could watch it for hours every day.