Is There Room In My Stock?

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I currently have a planned stock of 1 German Blue Ram, 8 X-Ray Tetra, 8 Emerald Cory Cats, and 10 shrimp. I just want to know if there's room for a maybe a school of small fish? If not it's okay, fish on a list always seem smaller than in an actual tank.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oops how did I forget that. 29 gallons with a 2 HOB filters and 2 sponge filters in each bavk corner. I plan to possibly remove one HOB filter as I feel they create too much of a current but if it doesn't bother the smaller fish I'll likely leave it.

pugletfan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
spike98 said:
Oops how did I forget that. 29 gallons with a 2 HOB filters and 2 sponge filters in each bavk corner. I plan to possibly remove one HOB filter as I feel they create too much of a current but if it doesn't bother the smaller fish I'll likely leave it.
I have two hob filters on my 29 too, and I was also concerned about too much current. I attached a coarse filter sponge to the outflow with a rubber band. It works great to baffle the flow.

e443363ae8d25ca4fc84f1438a1d3e51.jpg

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks that's a way better option than removing a filter and reducing my filtration.

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would say start with that , adding fish slowly, and see how the tank evolves. Two schools might be too much for your tank. Instead of adding another school maybe consider upping the size of your tetra school?

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with @Mom2some

Add fish slowly, but it is recommendable to expand your tetra group to around 12 if everything else remains the same.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay, thanks. I have heard that larger schools do put on a better show.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom