Question Is there certain way to mod quiet flow filters?

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
the way i did it was stick a thin sponge in the first entry way which reaches down to the bottom. then a thick rectangular sponge at the bottom horizontal under the black net with those bio rock things inside? left that blue portion on and put just a thin (i think was a charcol sponge?) in the front. but if i could do better i would like to

i had a small square spong inside the overflow portion but i think i accidentally flushed it when i was doing water changes

this here is my quiet flow 30. to the right of is is my 50 but its put together differently because i had left over filter pads back when i used to use them, and thought i would just get rid of them until i decided i would try to sell them locally. soon i think i will be changing the 50 to mimic the media in the 30

IMG_20200704_160710047.jpg

SaltyPhone

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Only thing I would suggest is maybe a polishing pad before it hits the bio media. Other than that looks like you got it good to go!!

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SaltyPhone said:
Only thing I would suggest is maybe a polishing pad before it hits the bio media. Other than that looks like you got it good to go!!
polishing pad? sorry , noob brain here

SaltyPhone

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A more pours sponge like the blue material on the cartridges. You want to remove as many particulates as possible so the aren’t taking up space in the pores of the bio media

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SaltyPhone said:
A more pours sponge like the blue material on the cartridges. You want to remove as many particulates as possible so the aren’t taking up space in the pores of the bio media
oh those filter pad that come in rolls? i was gonna buy a roll on amazon

SilverLake

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That looks like a really good mod set up. as Salty said, some kind of polishing layer, but other then that I would say run it and see how it does/

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SaltyPhone said:
just to make sure. as im bad with terms. the bio media is the bag of stones isnt it? unless you mean before everything because to me biomedia just means everything in there lol

SaltyPhone

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes the media in a bag; true all the media is going to harbor nitrifying bacteria but you want to filter particulates before the water hits the media designed for bio filtration.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom