Is there anything else I can add? 60 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by tunastrack, Dec 7, 2012.

1. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Hello :)
    So I have had my 60 gallon up[ and running now for 2 weeks. My nitrates are hanging steady at around 20. I never saw ammonia or nitrites, but that is because I transfered filter media over day one. So far this is what is in it.

2 BPs
    8 harleguins
    4 Red Wag Platies
    1 Picus catfish
    1 upside down catfish

So am I done? Or can I add something else?? If so any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Tina

2. JunneFishlore LegendMember

Whaaat? No snails in this tank???? You need some purples ( oh yeah, they're on its way soon! ) and some other varieties...... :)

3. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Oh I forgot the snail!!!! I have a small handful of MTS and 2 gold and 2 black mysteries...And of course I have some purples on the way soon!!! I cant wait!!!!

4. JunneFishlore LegendMember

If you want any more MTS, hit me up! ;)

5. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Eventually the small fish are going to start disappearing during the night. Pictus are excellent nocturnal hunters. Pictus are schooling fish, so if you plan on keeping it, I would get some more.

6. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

I just may take you up on that!! I love those snails!!

7. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

I hadnt read that pictus were schooling fish. I did some research before I got him. I also was no aware he would eat smaller fish...

8. JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

They'll eat anything that fits in their mouth. The upside down likes to school too.

9. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Grrr...I was under the impression from talking to people here and reading posts etc that they would be fine alone. So now I guess I need to fill out their schools. Can I add more of the two? How much room do I actually have left for adding fish?

My filters are AquaClear 70. I have two of them. GPH is over 600.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012