Is there a way to put tiger barbs in a peaceful community?

Fluidmotion1987

So I recently started a tank going through my first cycle. Now while I was at my local pet store I was told 2 fish I was really interested in I couldn't get if I planned on having a peaceful community. 1 being tiger barbs and the other being angel fish. Is there a way to put tiger barbs or angel fish in a peaceful community tank?

SouthAmericanCichlids

The king of diy does it, but he has them in a school of ~20 and in a 2000 gallon tank, so they can escape.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

It depends on how big your tank is. You need a big sized school of Tiger Barbs for them to pick on each other. They may still get aggressive with other peaceful fish. Im not sure about angels though.

Upvote 0

Fluidmotion1987

The king of diy does it, but he has them in a school of ~20 and in a 2000 gallon tank, so they can escape.
Oh oka so they would definitely need plenty of room to escape. Maybe some logs or caves for hiding places could help. But then I feel like you miss out a lot of some of your fish the fun in all of this is seeing your fish.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Angels are pretty good community fish, but are opportunistic feeders and will eat fish that can fit in their mouths.

Upvote 0

Fluidmotion1987

It depends on how big your tank is. You need a big sized school of Tiger Barbs for them to pick on each other. They may still get aggressive with other peaceful fish. Im not sure about angels though.
Ok awesome thanks. I'm a newbie so that could be in the far future but I'm still trying to figure out my tiny tanks. I want to upgrade to bigger tanks but when I have the knowledge to run them smoothly.
Angels are pretty good community fish, but are opportunistic feeders and will eat fish that can fit in their mouths.
Ok so angel fish do good in community tanks, that's awesome to find out because I was really intrested in angel fish and was bummed when the pet store said I couldn't put them in a community tank. Angel fish are very beautiful fish to have

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Ok awesome thanks. I'm a newbie so that could be in the far future but I'm still trying to figure out my tiny tanks. I want to upgrade to bigger tanks but when I have the knowledge to run them smoothly.
Tiger Barbs are known jerks. If I had them I think it would only be with semi aggressive fish in a large school.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Ok so angel fish do good in community tanks, that's awesome to find out because I was really intrested in angel fish and was bummed when the pet store said I couldn't put them in a community tank. Angel fish are very beautiful fish to have
If you want more info on them check this article I made on them, almost all based on actual experience, rather than copy paste as many care guides are. With the exception of natural habitat.
Angelfish Care

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I will say i have had WAY more aggression issuea with mollies than i have ever had with tiger barbs.

Upvote 0

Fluidmotion1987

If you want more info on them check this article I made on them, almost all based on actual experience, rather than copy paste as many care guides are. With the exception of natural habitat.
Angelfish Care
Awesome thank you so much! All the help is very greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • Question
Replies
Views
JuniperJay
  • Question
Replies