Is there a water filter that will filter out all chlorine other than RO? Question

1. 5150Jim Initiate Member

Is there a water filter on the market that will filter out all chlorine other than Reverse Osmosis filter system?
    I asked 3M about theirs. Here is my question I put to them & there reply.
    I would like to buy a Filtrete™ Advanced Under Sink Water Filtration System but it says the Advanced level filtration reduces microbial cysts, chlorine taste & odor, sand, soil, silt, rust and sediment based on 3M Testing. I have six aquariums and I would love to stop buying dechlor every time I have to make a partial water charce. So, my question is “Will your Filtrete™ Advanced Under Sink Water Filtration System filter out the chlorine so I can use it in my aquariums and not kill my fish?”

Dear Jim,
    Thank you for contacting 3M, the innovation company, Construction & Home Improvement Markets Division.
    Although our 3M Filtrete water systems are designed to filter Chlorine taste and odor we would not recommend using this unit to filter the water for your aquariums as it has not been tested in our quality control labs.
    If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at 1-800-537-9514. We are available Monday through Friday from 7:00 - 6:00 CT.
    In the event that you need to call, please mention this email so that we may access the file that has been created under your name/email address.
    We appreciate your interest in 3M products!
    Regards,
    Lee
    3M Customer Contact Center
    Construction & Home Improvement Markets Division
    1-800-537-9514
    www.3m.com

I did read the article posted here on RO but I’m hoping for something less expensive, there must be something out there or is that just my pipe dream?
    TNX, Jim

2. Jim Well Known Member Member

I don't under stand why you don't want to dechlor with Prime as an example. A half liter at kensfish.com costs $9.25. Using a capful for 50 gallons should last you at least a year unless you are dealing with a huge tank/s. If I change half of my forty gallon tank, I use half a capful of Prime. All inhabitants are still swimming.

3. 5150Jim Initiate Member

I have 6 aquariums & it was just a thought. Also we use Brita filters for our drinking water (we were on well water but as of about a yr ago) we got switched to city water & it doesn't taste much better. I have been thinking about putting in a water filter system anyway. I think it would save me money all the way around.