Is There A Pecking Order In A Corydoras School

RYRYTHEGUY

HI guys, I recently bought a peppered corydoras to add to my cory school, she was a lot smaller than the corys in my tank. I know that corys are very peaceful fish but is there any pecking order.

thank you

david1978

I have emeralds and the one born in the tank seemed to separate itself for awhile till it got a little bigger and now sticks with shoal. Not sure if it was just scared due to the size difference or what but it worked itself out.

RYRYTHEGUY

Thank you

DoubleDutch

In none of my schools of Corys is there a pecking order. They are very social.

Thunder_o_b

I have never seen a pecking order in any of the corys we keep. We have a school of 11 peppereds in the 55 that I photograph often. They all seem very affectionate with each other.

leftswerve

In my tank, the big ones are female and little ones are Male. 2-3 little ones gang up on a big one all the time. One of the little ones always wins.

RYRYTHEGUY

Thank you fish lore members

Jenoli42

leftswerve said:
In my tank, the big ones are female and little ones are Male. 2-3 little ones gang up on a big one all the time. One of the little ones always wins.
lolz. spawning behaviour cracks me up

DoubleDutch

The little ones THINKS they win.
leftswerve said:

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom