Is there a new reputation system? Question

1. apple429 Well Known Member Member

Hello~

Just curious:

Is there a new rep. system? I thought it was 25 points per green square (or was it fifty) I'm not complaining or anything, just curious.

Also, I understand that there has been changes to fishlore (LOVE THEM) so maybe Mike is still working out the bugs!

Again just a random question I thought of today!

Oh, before I forget: how does the "auto-save" work?

2. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Mike is working on the reputation system. It got reset to its defaults after the forum shift.

Unsure about the auto-save, but it does ask you if you want to leave a page if you've started replying and haven't hit "post" yet. Possibly useful if you accidentally hit the "back" button or something.

3. apple429 Well Known Member Member

Okay, that's what I thought.

I kind of like it, but can you save it and then later come back to it? I guess that is a question for mike? Hmmm, maybe later, I don't want to big him yet, I have redone a website before, and it is a PAIN!

4. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

each green bar now represents 100 points

5. Borisbbadd Guest

Auto-save has saved my posts a couple of times !

6. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i'm not sure that each square does represent 100 points....doesn't seem like it does

7. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

8. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, currently each green box represents 100 rep points.

Click on My Settings in the upper right hand corner and scroll down to view how many points you have with this new system.

To give another rep points you need to click the black star at the bottom of the post, left side.

If you click to Like a post, all that does is to display your name under the post to indicate you Like it. This does not add to the poster's reputation or the green boxes.

Hope this helps to clarify the changes in the rep system.

9. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i have more boxes than points though. so i'm not sure how they each equal 100. not that i care that much....just saying.

10. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Everyone starts with one green box, so you should have one additional box for every 100 points earned.

11. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

ah, ok...then that make sense =]

12. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

Oh you have no idea! ;D