Question Is there a minimum water line for aqua clear 110?

Ssnaaiil

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wondering what’s the lowest the water can be for my aqua clear 110? I don’t see a minimum water line on it... I don’t want to ruin the motor... I keep my tank mostly full but not to the top, as I have mystery snails that lay eggs.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I even leave mine on during water changes. I really don't think there is a minimum as long as its still functioning.

Kitley

Reaction score
my water is 2 inches below top, and
motor sounds no different then when it was full. I have no concerns about mine.

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its a good idea to top off the water level when using AC power filters. AC's often times will lose their prime during a power outage if the water level is low and won't function when power is restored.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
While the AC's are running, I can drain the water in our 75 gallon down to below half way and they will still draft water just fine up the intake tube and pump water. Our AC110 will make a huge water fall effect before I unplug, when I'm about to refill.

I'll unplug them before the water line drops enough to get close to the end of the intakes so they don't suck air.

I won't plug them back in until the water line is back up to normal. I would think they would struggle to draft water up the intake tube when plugged back in, if water line was around half way.

If around 3/4 or more full, they have no problem drafting water once plugged in if their reservoir was topped of with water first.

From my experience with different AC models, they will pull water very easily while running. Just be sure to top off the reservoir before plugging them back in. It won't draft water if its empty.

New Threads