Is there a good Free video editing program????

SanDiegoRedneck

I am starting to have fun with my kids making videos about our journey through shrimp keeping.

Is there any free or cheap programs fro PC that are user friendly?

I want to edit a video. Super basic stuff like ad a picture in between video parts or writing on screen.

I have alot of talents and technology is NOT one of them.

Thanks ahead of time

SnookusFish

If you are on windows 10 "video editor" comes built in. Its so easy to useand u can still make decent videos. I have a youtube channel and use it for most of my editing unless i want to do something complex, ive made videos like this one using it

SanDiegoRedneck

SnookusFish said:
If you are on windows 10 "video editor" comes built in. Its so easy to useand u can still make decent videos. I have a youtube channel and use it for most of my editing unless i want to do something complex, ive made videos like this one using it
Haha I think I do have windows 10. I dont even turn my lap top on much but now want too. Thanks for heads up

AvalancheDave

has a free version.

SanDiegoRedneck

SnookusFish said:
Ok so the kids made basic videos on video editor. Super user friendly.

BUT we used music from program then when uploaded to YouTube we had copyright issues.

Any tips to ad background music to parts where picture slides.

Thanks in advance

SnookusFish

SanDiegoRedneck said:
Ok so the kids made basic videos on video editor. Super user friendly.

BUT we used music from program then when uploaded to YouTube we had copyright issues.

Any tips to ad background music to parts where picture slides.

Thanks in advance
Yes press custom music and then u can download copyright free music and insert it there

SanDiegoRedneck

SnookusFish said:
Yes press custom music and then u can download copyright free music and insert it there
Sorry to sound like such a noob. But other than a music making program.

Can you find copyright free music online to download easily?

SnookusFish

SanDiegoRedneck said:
Sorry to sound like such a noob. But other than a music making program.

Can you find copyright free music online to download easily?
Next to the background music option in the editor there is a button called custom music or sounds or something similar, that where u can add audio files. And yes, copyright free music is very easy to find

fish 321

The gopro quik editor is pretty good and has a bunch of music.

SanDiegoRedneck

SnookusFish said:
Next to the background music option in the editor there is a button called custom music or sounds or something similar, that where u can add audio files. And yes, copyright free music is very easy to find
Ps the kids and I are totally going to do the pickle jar aquarium. Super rad

SnookusFish

SanDiegoRedneck said:
Ps the kids and I are totally going to do the pickle jar aquarium. Super rad
Awesome!!! I love mine too, i have loads of baby snails now and im adding shrimp soon!

Kjeldsen

Thousands of artists on Live Music Archive allow downloading and using music for non-commercial purposes.

I also like Purple Planet Music and Bensound

Splunji

Just get Adobe Premier Pro CC. It's only 50$ a month, and very easy to use.

SnookusFish

Splunji said:
Just get Adobe Premier Pro CC. It's only 50$ a month, and very easy to use.
"Only 50$ a month" lol

toeknee

I'll take DaVinci Resolve over Adobe Premier. There's been side by side comparisons on the two programs and they're both equally powerful, only DaVinci Resolve is free. Even big box office movie production studios use DaVinci. You can do anything from simple cut and past edits to full scale cinematic movies, for free.

Splunji

Status symbol

Just kidding, haha. However, Premier Pro has been used to help create many movies, including the billion-dollar movie, Aquaman. But if you're using it just to make "fun" videos with your kids, you could go with something as simple as iMovie if you have a mac, or the butt-trash Movie Maker, haha. I just use Premier because it's what I can work with the most smoothly and quickly, after using it for 5-6 years.

StarGirl

Splunji said:
Status symbol

Just kidding, haha. However, Premier Pro has been used to help create many movies, including the billion-dollar movie, Aquaman. But if you're using it just to make "fun" videos with your kids, you could go with something as simple as iMovie if you have a mac, or the butt-trash Movie Maker, haha. I just use Premier because it's what I can work with the most smoothly and quickly, after using it for 5-6 years.
So you have paid 1200$ to use Premier? Egads...

Splunji

StarGirl said:
So you have paid 1200$ to use Premier? Egads...
I do part time work for a company doing post-production, as well as I partake in a few short films sometimes for people entering in film festivals.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom