Is The Temperature Up Because The Weathers Hot?

KmwG
Hi, my aquarium water temp is up a little I usually keep it at 74-75 but yesterday and today its been at 76-77 which is making my fluval heater light up red as its gone over my temperature I had set it at, is this because its summer here where I am and it is bloody boiling weather right now, I think my fish are fine at this temperature anyway just wanted to know, I'm leaving the lid open a little at the moment and turning there light off earlier. I have guppies and corydoras

FishyMuchacos
What is the temperature inside your house?

david1978
If your room temp is that high then yes its weather related. If you have a good ac unit and the room temp is lower then you might have some other issue. Also a smaller tank is affected quicker than a larger tank.

KmwG
I have a large tank, and have no idea what the temperature is in my house just know it is hot and also do not have ac as I'm in england and we don't get hot weather much, I am keeping an eye on my aquarium it seems to be staying at 75-76 now

Hunter1
In nature water temperature fluctuates.

My tanks are set anywhere from 75-80. I set the air on 81 when i’m at work and turn down to 78 when I get home. I know my tanks are warming up during the day but am not worried.

In the late evening/early morning the heaters kick on so I know they are cooling off at night.

If you were trying to breed, or had very sensitive fish it may be an issue.

Actually corys like a drop in temperature to breed since a good rain stimulates breeding in nature so now would be a great time to do a huge water change with 2-3 degree cooler water.

KmwG
Ok great thanks for info

CanadianFishFan
In the summer I unplug all my heaters since I live on the second floor of my house. We save money anyway.

Dch48
There is going to be a heat wave here for the next 4 or 5 days. 95 is predicted for Monday and this is in a place that hits -15 every winter. My heater is preset at 77-79 but has gone over that now It hit 84 yesterday in the tank so I floated some ice cubes in a ziplock bag and managed to get it down to 82. I have unplugged the heater and will not be plugging it back in until tank temperature goes below 80. We have no air conditioning so the temperature in the house was 85 or more. Who knows what it will hit tomorrow and Monday. I'm concerned and have extra ice trays ready to go. I think I'm okay up to 84 since all that is in the tank is a Betta, a Mystery snail, and a Nerite snail. Room temperature all winter was right at 69 or 70 so I needed the heater.

Personally, if temp goes below 70, I'm wearing a sweater and if it goes over 82, I'm sweltering. It's not going to be comfortable the next few days.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Fishkeeperswife
Replies
Views
Kysarkel000
Replies
Views
alejandrorod
  • Question