Is the dog sick?

Mermish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My grandparents have a Boston Terrier and they said "She's been acting off lately, kind of gets a dazed look on her face, and stands in one spot and won't respond to us. She seems like she's doing it less frequently now." It sounds like she might be getting better, but have any of you had experience with something like this? Is there anything they should do about it? She's 4 and eats Purina One Smart Blend.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mermish said:
My grandparents have a Boston Terrier and they said "She's been acting off lately, kind of gets a dazed look on her face, and stands in one spot and won't respond to us. She seems like she's doing it less frequently now." It sounds like she might be getting better, but have any of you had experience with something like this? Is there anything they should do about it? She's 4 and eats Purina One Smart Blend.
Bring her to the vet if you suspect anything is wrong. You've known her for 4 years and if she is acting off and you can notice it then get to the vet with her. Please!

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I work at a vet clinic and if someone called in asking what to do about this situation, everyone's answer would definitely be "please bring your dog in." It could be neurological, it could be an inner ear issue, it could be pain, and it could be lots of other things... And only a vet will be able to tell you with a physical exam and possible further diagnostics.

Mermish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
kallililly1973 said:
Bring her to the vet if you suspect anything is wrong. You've known her for 4 years and if she is acting off and you can notice it then get to the vet with her. Please!
Okay I just told them they should. I haven't gotten to go see her since they said she's been acting off but I'm going to as Soon as I can. I'm sure they'll call and talk to the vet about it. Thanks for answering!

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mermish said:
Take the dog to the vet. It could be anything from a stroke (lack of, or decreased blood flow to the brain) to heart problems to seizures.
Aah, I see you've already told your grandparents that. Good. Keep us posted!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mermish said:
Okay I just told them they should. I haven't gotten to go see her since they said she's been acting off but I'm going to as Soon as I can. I'm sure they'll call and talk to the vet about it. Thanks for answering!
Your welcome and Glad your getting an appointment. Hope she gets better soon :)

Mermish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'll let you guys know how she is when they figure it out. Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom