Is Tank Stocked Okay? Any Room For An Algae Eater?

Kendle

I have a 10 gallon tank. It’s completely cycled, I set it up around 2 months ago. No ammonia or nitrite problems. Is the amount of stock I have in it okay? I’ve had no issues but I’m curious about opinions
Currently have:
5 Zebra danios
1 Molly
1 Gourami

Also, I’ve been noticing slight algae growth that I’d like to keep under control.(not visible in photo) Is there room left to add an algae eater?(I was thinking ghost shrimp,nerite snail, or otto cat) If so, what do you suggest for this tank?

Thanks in advance!

87EA68DB-0488-4F85-BB87-C411D3EE2940.jpeg

Kendle

I have a 10 gallon tank. It’s completely cycled, I set it up around 2 months ago. No ammonia or nitrite problems. Is the amount of stock I have in it okay? I’ve had no issues but I’m curious about opinions
Currently have:
5 Zebra danios
1 Molly
1 Gourami

Also, I’ve been noticing slight algae growth that I’d like to keep under control.(not visible in photo) Is there room left to add an algae eater?(I was thinking ghost shrimp,nerite snail, or otto cat) If so, what do you suggest for this tank?

Thanks in advance!

87EA68DB-0488-4F85-BB87-C411D3EE2940.jpeg
BY THE WAY-
it is a Dwarf Gourami and a Dalmatian Lyretail Molly.

Kiks

IMO both the molly and gourami need at least a 15 gallon tank.
The zebra danios might be small, but they're quite active so they'd probably also do better in a larger tank.
If you want some sort of algae eater, I'd go for some cherry shrimp and/or nerite snails, but I would not add more to the tank as is. If you can, I'd advise you to re-home your fish and get a smaller species more fitting for a 10 gallon like rasboras. With those you could definitely have some shrimp or nerites.

M-Stokes

Yes on the shrimp and nerites, no on the oto. I've seen people suggest atleast 30 gallons for mollys and danios are active swimmers that would like more space.

Kiks

Yes on the shrimp and nerites, no on the oto. I've seen people suggest atleast 30 gallons for mollys and danios are active swimmers that would like more space.
Usually I'd say 30 gallon as well, but since it's just one a 15 gallon might do though it's very much the minimum.

Similar Aquarium Threads

55 Gallon Tank Stocking for 55 gallon
Replies
Views
GrandGinkgo
  • elisa001
  • Algae
Replies
Views
elisa001
Replies
Views