Is something wrong?

tkfury

I just picked up four ghost shrimp the other day for my 10 gallon with zebra danios (still need to get three more but I'm glad they get along so well already heh). Everyone loves trying to find all four (two are larger than my zebras and the other two are just tiny little things) in one sitting.

My question is though - one of my small ones has kind of wedged itself upside down between the glass and the gravel and he's pretty white now. He's still alive but only moving his tiny back legs (sorry, I'm not really sure how to describe shrimp heh). The other small shrimp kind of stopped by him and chased off one of my zebras that was getting a little curious.

Is that kind of behavior normal or is something wrong? Just a little worried since he's in plain sight and not in one of the stumps they've been hiding out in.

sirdarksol

I'd guess that it's injured/sick, perhaps got trapped when the gravel shifted a bit.
Or, it could be that it's trying to molt.

Heh, "I thought what I'd do was become one of those deaf-mutes"
Ghost in the Shell rules.

tkfury

I saw him wedging itself into the gravel and when the other shrimp came by he did get up then went back down. I was thinking of trying to move him into the small stump but didn't want to risk accidently crushing him just by trying to get him. I haven't been able to check on him since, just getting home and its been lights out for three hours (have yet to set up my little noctural viewing light heh).

Heh, figured there had to be a few people in fishkeeping that watch some sort of anime <3

tkfury

I could only find three for the past few days but after work I found the little guy up on one of the stumps going after some of my zebra's leftovers (they're gunna be mad in the morning when they find it missing, they're such little puggies). Not exactly sure what happened but they all appear to be fine now. My only problem right now is keeping them in the tank (I've caught the largest one hanging onto the hood twice now).

Latest threads

Top Bottom