is she conditioned?

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

my female is glowing red and the male is colorful too. after lots of chasing and nipping and flaring and scaring, they have finnally stopped and are now starting to pair up i think. my female is glowing red al the time and i was wondering if they are conditioned(ready to breed) 4h+kribs 057.JPG

4h+kribs 058.JPG

2. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Conditioned usually refers to something you do, like big water changes, feeding different foods, etc.....

I guess you could also call them coloring up the same, however they do that on their own.

If they are colored up nicely and picking out some spots, chances are all you have to do is sit back and enjoy with these guys. Usually all kribs need is some good water.

BTW very nice pics.

Brian

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

thanks, my mom got a new camera. they used to color up when i would feed them but it wouldnt be as colorful or intense. now they are always pretty.

4. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Ok, I think she is trying to entice him to breed, she swims up in front of him and shakes then he will follow he some then he loses interest. Then she starts shaking again and he follows her some more. It seems like she is trying to lead him to the rock pile. Should I be expecting babies? And should I be worried, I am leaving for vacation on the 23 and won't be back till the 30th. Btw this is the first time they have spawned I think