Is Seachem Safe better than Prime?

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I've been thinking about getting a new/different water conditioner for a long time since I cannot stand the smell of Seachem Prime. I came across Seachem Safe today and it seems like it's Prime in powder form... Is it worth it to buy it or should I just try to live with the smell? Thanks!

Cinabar

Safe is a very concentrated form of Prime. It’d be very hard to measure unless you’re willing to bust out a scale every time. I think it’s like 1/4 teaspoon per 300 gallons or so. But if it’s the smell you’re worried about I hear Safe smells way worse- someone said they keep it wrapped up in a bunch of plastic to keep it from stinking up the room

Upvote 0

Pwilly07

Hi all!
I've been thinking about getting a new/different water conditioner for a long time since I cannot stand the smell of Seachem Prime. I came across Seachem Safe today and it seems like it's Prime in powder form... Is it worth it to buy it or should I just try to live with the smell? Thanks!
Seachem Safe is super concentrated so it smells much stronger. I bought it to save money on Prime so I can use the Prime in bags to ship and Safe in my trash bins that hold water for my 75g water changes. You can also dose Prime/Safe up to 5x the normal dose without adverse affects as I have done this before. So, 1/4 tsp could be used for 60g of water and technically you'd be good. Or, you could buy the spoons online that are like tad, dash pinch, smidge, drop. 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64. So then, a 1/64 tsp would treat 18.75g so that's way more manageable.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
MasterPython
  • Question
Replies
Views
jmaldo