2 Gallon Tank Is Plakat betta good for 3 gallon tank?

EricOancea

I Want to get a plakat betta.
Its ok to put it alone in a 3 gallon tank?

FishPlanet

Minimum tank size for bettas is 2.5 gallons. Halfmoons I think need bigger tanks. Sounds good to me!

CoconutTheBetta

The betta will survive in the 3 gallon but I strongly recommend at LEAST a 5.

peachsonas

Most people recommend 5gal minimum for bettas. Plakats need more space though since they’re short finned

RedOnion

3 gallons is too small for a plakat. I believe 5g is the minimum for any betta. However long fin bettas or bettas who cannot swim properly can do "okay" in a 3g tank. Short finned bettas swim faster, thus needing more space. Long finned bettas cannot swim as fast therefore a 3g would be "okay". If you want a betta get a long finned one in the 3g tank. Live plants and no sharp edges will work good for the long finned betta.

betta06

I keep all my bettas in 10 gallons and they LOVE the room! they are also plakats.

bored411

I have a smaller male betta in a 3 gallon with some amano shrimp and dwarf sag. I plan on getting some monte carlo to go on the wood piece in there as well, but he's happy. I'd get a 5 gallon if I had the money and room. A 3 gallon does mean you have to keep it clean and watch the perimeters as they can change quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 27

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
  • Question
Replies
Views