Is New Life Spectrum food any good?

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been feeding my fish with these ( in combination with other foods) for quite some time and they really like them and it seems to keep them healthy and colorful but i have not seen anyone in the forum recommending it or mentioning it. So, I was wondering what are your thoughts about it.

Thanks

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I believe the reason more people here don't use them is the cost compared to other equally high quality foods. When they have been brought up the only bad thing people say about New Life Spectrum is the cost.

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Jaysee and Monmouth. Yes it is a bit expensive.
Cheers

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here are the ingredients of the NLS thera A pellets

whole antarctic krill meal, whole herring meal, wheat flour, whole squid meal, algae meal, garlic, soybean, betta carrotine, spirulina, vegetable and fruit extract (spinich, red and green cabbage, pea, broccoli, zuchini, tomato, red bell pepper, kiwi, apricot, pear, mango, apple, papaya, peach), vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D3, vitamin B12, niacin, folic acid, followed by a bunch of protien stuff and 3 sulfates.

I bet one could live off of this in an emergency....

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here are the ingredients of the NLS thera A pellets

whole antarctic krill meal, whole herring meal, wheat flour, whole squid meal, algae meal, garlic, soybean, betta carrotine, spirulina, vegetable and fruit extract (spinich, red and green cabbage, pea, broccoli, zuchini, tomato, red bell pepper, kiwi, apricot, pear, mango, apple, papaya, peach), vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D3, vitamin B12, niacin, folic acid, followed by a bunch of protien stuff and 3 sulfates.

I bet one could live off of this in an emergency....
A little barbeque sauce and you would be all set

I use Omega One foods and they use whole fish and other goods foods also. If I hadn't been using that when NLS was brought to my attention I would have definitely used NLS.
Omega One isn't inexpensive either
carol

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've been using New Life Spectrum for several years now and IMO it is one of the best brands you can buy. I use Thera-A pellet, H2O Stable wafers, and Small Fish Formula (tiny pellets). Even most picky fish will accept NLS in my experience.

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I started using it over the last month or so. We don't get Omega one out here. I love the small fish food for my cory's. The gravel stays much cleaner for some reason. Even my Bettas are going for it.

Edit - I know. Bettas will eat anything but I have been feeding them Hikari Betta pellets and being able to change to just one food will simplify things a lot. Or just using the pellets for treats as they work out a lof more expensive than NLS.

Last edited:

Jake the Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I use New life Spectrum for My cichlids. They Love it! They can't get enough of it. The LFS said it also brings the colours out in the cichlids more.

P.S. Ariolex, seeing your from Manchester, what team do you go for? City or United?

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Jake!
See I am from Puerto Rico, I've been living in Manchester for a year now. In Puerto Rico we don't play football (big sport there is boxing). so i am not a true football fan yet.
Having said that, I normally go for the City since my mancunian mates are United fans.

What about you, do you like city or united?, or do you just equally hate them ? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ccb04

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
IMO, New Life Spectrum is among the very best. I recently switched my betta to NLS betta formula.

The ingredients for the betta formula are pretty much the same as what Jaysee posted for the thera A pellets. I was happy to find a single betta food that included things like garlic, spirulina, pea, stabilized Vit. C, etc.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom