Is my white molly fish pregnant?

FishBeginner

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
About a month ago I purchased a male and female white molly. I then got 1 more female to reduce the stress of the male harrasing just one female. About a week or so later, one of the females started getting red marks all over it's face and died.. so now i'm left with one male and female again. I don't think i've seen it there before but it now has a black gravid spot? Does that definately meen it's pregnant if it wasn't there before? It's not particually fat but maybe it's early stages? Do you rekon it is' i've heard molly's are always pregnant but I don't really believe that. lol. Thanks.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello FishBeginner and Welcome to Fish Lore.

A good possibility that your fish is pregnant. If you can share a photo that may help decide.

If you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile Information it will be a great help to others in their responses. To access the Profile click on MY SETTINGS in the blue bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box click on Edit Aquarium Information.

I'm concerned about the red marks your fish had that you sadly lost. It sounds like it may have been septicemia which is caused by ammonia poisoning.

It will help to know if you are aware of the Nitrogen Cycle, link below:
The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

Telling us your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH will help if you are aware of the nitrogen cycle. It's crucial to fish keeping.

Do you have a test kit? The API (liquid) Master Test Kit is most widely recommended and it tests for everything mentioned in the Nitrogen Cycle link.

Best wishes for your fish. Please keep us posted.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

aquariumgirl lauren

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
One of my white mollies died the same way!!! I brought it home and noticed it swimming at the bottom and these red marks on its face and mouth, and the next day it died. I was confused because none of my other fish got sick or anything

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom