Is My Water Level Enough?

1. FishCareGuide Member Member

So I want to keep my betta's tank's water level high so that the power filter has a weaker flow but also so that there is no chance of a jumping-out emergency or something of that sort. The tank is 25 centimetres tall, and the water level is about 23.5 cm so there is 1.5 cm between the top and the water level. Can I raise it?

2. Zigi Zig Member Member

Betta won't jump I keep my tank pretty full and uncover cuz my plants grow .. you be fine

3. FishCareGuide Member Member

But should I raise it to reduce the effect of the power filter? There's too much "power" in the power filter!

4. Zigi Zig Member Member

If you mean water flow than yes you might reduce it since Betta don't like fast moving water, If you tank is longer it will be fine she or him can always find calm water...

5. JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

as long as the flow doesnt push the betta around then it should be fine. you should have some space between the water and very top of the tank.

6. KimberlyG Well Known Member Member

Bettas jump. I lost my gorgeous pure white because I left a tank flap open. :( I have heard multiple accounts of bettas jumping.

7. FishCareGuide Member Member

But in order to reduce the filter flow impact I have to raise it, don't I? If it is higher to flow will just slide right onto the surface. If I reduce it it will drop on.

8. JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

i dont think it will make much of a difference if it just drops in or slide onto the surface