Is My Toadstool Splitting???

Discussion in 'Soft Coral' started by Josh195, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Josh195

Josh195New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +22
    Experience:
    5 years
    Hi guys,

Long story short, I've had thos toadstool for approx a year and is about 14inches in diameter! Recently he has shut and hasn't extended for about 3 days. I've noticed that it has connected itself to a new rock and has a crease in the middle of the trunk as if its splitting in half. The top looks like its rotting - I Turkey basted the top and red skin looked like it flaked everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

All conditions have stayed the same throughout and all other corals are doing great.

2. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,454
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Hi Josh I'm not s marine tank owner but s picture of your toad stool would help the marine experts help you

3. Magicpenny75

Magicpenny75Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    A pic would definitely help. But from your description, it might be. They will close and shed periodically anyway but it could be stepping off onto a new rock. Also depends on the kind of toadstool. I had one close for a month - you also might check your powerheads and make sure it's getting enough flow. I had a powerhead that was gummed up and once it was blowing properly again the toadstool shed and opened back up.

4. OP
    OP
    Josh195

Josh195New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +22
    Experience:
    5 years
    Hi all, sorry I thought I had attached the photos! I hope this helps Snapchat-1031504422.Snapchat-107283193.20190612_204740.

5. Magicpenny75

Magicpenny75Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Looks like a split to me. Is it that gigantic one on the left side? I've never seen one that bag so it's just an educated guess. You look like you know what you're doing lol :) Nice tank!
    I bet your clowns are distraught!

6. OP
    OP
    Josh195

Josh195New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +22
    Experience:
    5 years
    I now believe it may just be rotting?? I saw the centre of the cap turning brown and decided to Turkey baste the middle gently.....skin went everywhere and left a gaping hole. Not sure what to do at this point Snapchat-44517179.Snapchat-1325878621.