Is My Toadstool Splitting???

Josh195

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi guys,

Long story short, I've had thos toadstool for approx a year and is about 14inches in diameter! Recently he has shut and hasn't extended for about 3 days. I've noticed that it has connected itself to a new rock and has a crease in the middle of the trunk as if its splitting in half. The top looks like its rotting - I Turkey basted the top and red skin looked like it flaked everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

All conditions have stayed the same throughout and all other corals are doing great.

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Josh I'm not s marine tank owner but s picture of your toad stool would help the marine experts help you

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A pic would definitely help. But from your description, it might be. They will close and shed periodically anyway but it could be stepping off onto a new rock. Also depends on the kind of toadstool. I had one close for a month - you also might check your powerheads and make sure it's getting enough flow. I had a powerhead that was gummed up and once it was blowing properly again the toadstool shed and opened back up.

Josh195

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi all, sorry I thought I had attached the photos! I hope this helps
Snapchat-1031504422.jpg
Snapchat-107283193.jpg
20190612_204740.jpg

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like a split to me. Is it that gigantic one on the left side? I've never seen one that bag so it's just an educated guess. You look like you know what you're doing lol Nice tank!
I bet your clowns are distraught!

Josh195

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Magicpenny75 said:
Looks like a split to me. Is it that gigantic one on the left side? I've never seen one that bag so it's just an educated guess. You look like you know what you're doing lol Nice tank!
I bet your clowns are distraught!
I now believe it may just be rotting?? I saw the centre of the cap turning brown and decided to Turkey baste the middle gently.....skin went everywhere and left a gaping hole. Not sure what to do at this point
Snapchat-44517179.jpg
Snapchat-1325878621.jpg

AloeInkblots

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have 0 knowledge on this topic and I know the thread is a couple months old but my god that is a gorgeous tank yo.

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Josh195 said:
I now believe it may just be rotting?? I saw the centre of the cap turning brown and decided to Turkey baste the middle gently.....skin went everywhere and left a gaping hole. Not sure what to do at this point
Snapchat-44517179.jpg
Snapchat-1325878621.jpg
I'm glad someone revived this thread actually. How is the coral doing?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom