Is my tetra pregnant or sick

Discussion in 'Tetras' started by Queen33, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Q

Queen33 New Member Member

We have had this tank for about 3 years and the same fish have lived in it. We added another tetra to the tank about 7 months ago and all the fish are doing fine. About 2 weeks ago, one of our neons looked to be pregnant....the only change was adding the additional fish. Of course we all think that the new fish bred with it. We bought a floating net tank/cage for it so if it did lay eggs they would be safe from the other fish....but if it is sick, I don't want it to get the others sick. We need some help![​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Hi and welcome to fishlore! :)
    I looked at the pictures and imo, that fish is sick. It appears to me to be bloated and not pregnant. It looks like bloat to me-dropsy.
    https://www.fishlore.com/Disease.htm
    Hopefully others will give you their opinions as well.

3. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

It looks quite badly bloated to me as well. You might try feeding it de shelled frozen peas and see if there's any improvement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. FishesInTank

FishesInTank Valued Member Member

Hmm.. Does it swim normally? It looks sick, the bloat is bigger than the size when it's pregnant (I think).

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

5. FishesInTank

FishesInTank Valued Member Member

Have you check the water parameter? You might wanna ask someone here who knows the disease of ur neon.

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, looks very bloated to me as well. Any updates?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice