Is my tank too tall?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Smurphy90, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Smurphy90Valued MemberMember

I recently got a ~25 gallon tank from a friend. The dimensions are 80cm(l)x30cm(d)x40cm(h).

The plan was for this to be a community tank but when I went window shopping at my LFS yesterday, I kept eying one betta that was dancing around like mad! I had to have her. So she's currently in the 25 gallon.

So when I decided to get her I thought about getting a short and long tank and making a divided betta tank to rehome her in. But as I started looking at some aquariums for sale I found some very cheap used aquariums that are much larger and give me more room to play for a community tank.

So, my question is: Is the 25 gallon too high for a comfortably divided betta tank, with 2-3 compartments?

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Not imo, especially given how long it is. Let's see what the others say, though. :)

3. Smurphy90Valued MemberMember

I can also be sure to get a lot of medium and tall plants, though Gigi (her full name is Mister Grumpy-Gills, as she was dancing and looked angry at the tetras with her, and looked like a male at first glance) doesn't seem to mind the height in the slightest. She explores all over the tank even though it's decorations are sparse atm (darn impulse betta-buying!)

4. _Fried_Bettas_Well Known MemberMember

Some male halfmoons might have trouble, but females, crowntails, most others should be just fine.

5. Smurphy90Valued MemberMember

Awesome! As the one I have is a female, I'd only get other females anyway. Wouldn't want to risk a male trying to jump over a division. :p

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice