Is my tank too tall?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Smurphy90, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Smurphy90

Smurphy90Valued MemberMember

I recently got a ~25 gallon tank from a friend. The dimensions are 80cm(l)x30cm(d)x40cm(h).

The plan was for this to be a community tank but when I went window shopping at my LFS yesterday, I kept eying one betta that was dancing around like mad! I had to have her. So she's currently in the 25 gallon.

So when I decided to get her I thought about getting a short and long tank and making a divided betta tank to rehome her in. But as I started looking at some aquariums for sale I found some very cheap used aquariums that are much larger and give me more room to play for a community tank.

So, my question is: Is the 25 gallon too high for a comfortably divided betta tank, with 2-3 compartments?

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Not imo, especially given how long it is. Let's see what the others say, though. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Smurphy90

I can also be sure to get a lot of medium and tall plants, though Gigi (her full name is Mister Grumpy-Gills, as she was dancing and looked angry at the tetras with her, and looked like a male at first glance) doesn't seem to mind the height in the slightest. She explores all over the tank even though it's decorations are sparse atm (darn impulse betta-buying!)

4. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_Well Known MemberMember

Some male halfmoons might have trouble, but females, crowntails, most others should be just fine.

5. OP
    OP
    Smurphy90

Awesome! As the one I have is a female, I'd only get other females anyway. Wouldn't want to risk a male trying to jump over a division. :p

Thanks!