Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey guys im new to this so ;
i have 5 angelfish, 2 silver mollies, 3 black mollies , 2 upside down cats,a pleco, a yoyo loach, and a clown loach and then about eight molly fry in a net breeder am i over stocked? also do i need to get another of each loach they seem to play togethe now that the clown has established its dominance. i like answers from experienced ppl

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I can say the the clown loach will need a bigger tank, i've got 5 on a tank about your size and i am in need to relocate them. they really belong to a bigger tank given that they can get over 12" long. Same story wiht the pleco unless it is one of the smaller species

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
For a 55, i would exchange the clown for 2 more yoyos to start. you may run into issues with 5 angels if 2 of them pair off - something to watch. the species of pleco will determine if it can live in your tank long term.

ON A SIDE NOTE. MODS - another example of why the prefixes should be included in the title of the post

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
For a 55, i would exchange the clown for 2 more yoyos to start. you may run into issues with 5 angels if 2 of them pair off - something to watch. the species of pleco will determine if it can live in your tank long term.

ON A SIDE NOTE. MODS - another example of why the prefixes should be included in the title of the post

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea its a common pleco and and i can exchange it for a smaller one when he grows too long will angels do very well withjohanni or mbuna cichlids

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mixing african and SA cichlids is no good 99% of the time. You're going to have enough on your hands with what you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom