• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
1. A 5 gallon aquarium is too small for these fish.

2. All of the fish you mentioned prefers to be in a group of at least 6+ of the same species.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The suggested rule is one inch of fish per gallon. And 5.5 gallon tanks are very small.
The inch per gallon rule is flawed and it should not be considered. The inch per gallon doesn't tell you about compatibility, aggression, potential size of the fish, temperature between species, diet, or anything. All it does is tell you to put fish in an aquarium that can be housed according to gallon size. Seriously, would you want to put a 10 inch fish in a 10 gallon aquarium?

Last edited:

Kurtcordog

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you all, I'm only 16 and still learing. I guess I was fool to listen to PetSupermarket

"Yeah they'll be fine. Different breeds don't matter."

Warrion004

Reaction score
Thank you all, I'm only 16 and still learing. I guess I was fool to listen to PetSupermarket

"Yeah they'll be fine. Different breeds don't matter."
Yeah never listen to petco petsmart or pet supermarket employees they most of the time have no idea what they are talking about and do you know about the nitrogen cycle

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah never listen to petco petsmart or pet supermarket employees they most of the time have no idea what they are talking about
I wouldn't say that you should never listen to employees at a big chain pet store. Some of them may actually know about fishkeeping.

Warrion004

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that you should never listen to employees at a big chain pet store. Some of them may actually know about fishkeeping.
I most of the time don’t though unless they say that oscars can’t go in a bowl because my little brother has a beta in a bowl (and that’s not ok) but when we got this beta he wanted a Oscar

Warrion004

Reaction score
I could be but I would turn the heater up to 82 degrees Fahrenheit just in case it is ich because ish likes colder temperatures then get Api ich cure and cure it just in case it is ich

Kurtcordog

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I could be but I would turn the heater up to 82 degrees Fahrenheit just in case it is ich because ish likes colder temperatures then get Api ich cure and cure it just in case it is ich
Do you think that 82 might be too high for Danios and snails?

Kurtcordog

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It is eating great, should I go straight to the API cure or wait and see how the tempature does

Warrion004

Reaction score
I would wait to see if it spreads then turn the temperature up and use api ich cure
I also would take a picture of it and show it to someone at your lfs (local fish store preferably not petco pet smart or pet supermarket) and see what they say

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It could be the start of ich what temperature is the water
I disagree. Ich doesn't affect the mouth, but rather affects the fins of the fish. This could be the start of columnaris.

Top Bottom