Is my tank overstocked or fine??

Juhason

Hey just wanted opinions if my tank is overstocked or ok. I had 2 separate tanks at first but when I moved I only had enough space to take one so I combined them.

It is a 29 gallon tank with a power head rated for up to 40 gallons, and heavily planted and on diy CO2.

The stock is:
6 Diamond Tetras
8 Neon Tetras
3 male guppies
1 bristlenose pleco
1 bluespotted sunfish
3-5 rams horn snails (hitchhikers)

The sunfish is a small one if it’s species and peaceful. Only gets to about 3”

I am hoping this works in the long term?? None of the fish are full grown yet except the diamond tetras. The pleco is still 1.5” the rest are close to full grown but could grow another inch most likely. Let me know your thoughts

Noroomforshoe

You should be fine. The bristlenose should not get too big for the tank, But if nitrates start to be hard to control, and it has grown past 6 inches, you might consider rehoming/upgrading in the future. Also, make sure he has driftwood to gnash on.

SamMe

You should be fine as long as you keep up with water changes. Bristlenose usually don't get bigger than 5 or 6 inches and are good algae eaters. I love mine.

Juhason

Ok thank you guys!! I was nervous it would be too much fish but I’m glad it should work out!! Maybe in a year I’ll have a bigger place and will upgrade anyways

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Hammerhead15
  • Question
30 Gallon Tank Overstocked?
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies