Is my swordtail pregnant

Yasifrz

Hi guys i know it when a swordtail is very pregnant and fat but some times they dont get that fat i dont know y but i had a koi swordtail who gave birth while she was not that fat and i lost the fries only 2 were caught in my filter where so is this one pregnant and how far do u think she is and im ok with the breeding box thats my choice(i know some of u say u should not do that thats too small give depth to your tank the answer is i cant) and yes i have male swordtails in my tank

Attachments

CichlidCody

keeping female livebearers in breeding boxes only adds unwanted stress to them and causing them to miscarry. I would remove her and add the fry in the breeder whenever you see them

Yasifrz

CichlidCody said:
keeping female livebearers in breeding boxes only adds unwanted stress to them and causing them to miscarry. I would remove her and add the fry in the breeder whenever you see them
Tnx for your opinions by the way the question was sth else but tnx any way

richiep

I dont think she is, the belly looks flat and can't see any signs of young forming at the back

Yasifrz

But she got bigger than what she was thats y i asked

CichlidCody

Yasifrz said:
Either she was just bloated or she miscarried her fry from being moved and trapped in the breeder box

richiep

Have a look at this short video it gives you a good idea when they are ready to give birth and the shape to expect

RomanNoodles96

Yasifrz said:
The breeder box can cause the fish to abort the fry. She doesn't even look pregnant tbh she seems bloated more than anything as the gravid spot isn't big.

Top Bottom