Question Is my Silver Molly pregnant?

kittyfish30

Reaction score
Hi all! I am fairly new to the fish game. It was hard for me to get a picture of her, it's like she is hiding from the camera. LOL. I can't tell if she is pregnant or not. One of my fish was pregnant and had babies, and I have no idea which one it was. The fry are still too small for me to tell what kind of fish they are. I just want to be prepared if it happens again. Please let me know if you think she is pregnant. And also your thoughts on the isolation box. Right now I have the fry in the box. But, how do you feel about putting the mom in there so I can catch the fry? Thoughts? Thank you!

Attachments

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
She possibly looks pregnant, hard to tell from the photos though. IMHO moms shouldn’t be put in a breeder box, it’s better to have a heavily planted tank that gives the fry plenty of hiding spaces from adult fish. Putting mom in a breeder box could cause her too much stress and she may abort the babies

OP
K

kittyfish30

Reaction score
Ssnaaiil Thank you for your response. I wish I could get a better picture of her. I had heard not to put the mom in the breeder box, but I wanted to get other's opinions. I have put the fries in the breeder box and they are doing pretty good. Thank you again.

New Threads