40 Gallon Tank Is my Rotala Wallichii dead?

Blabfish

Hi,
A few weeks ago I got my first live plants, Rotala Indica and Rotala Wallichii. The Indica is doing great and I've even been able to get new growths from clippings, however I'm not sure about the Wallichii. The leaves are brown and thin but I can't tell if that's because it's meant to be a red plant or if it's dead. The stem is green. Additionally some of the bottom leaves are missing.
Is it dead, and if it is dead will it hurt my tank?
Thank you in advance!
Pics

Attachments

• 3C6A3340-7D64-442C-8F68-E7AFB1BF0B3F.jpeg
    3C6A3340-7D64-442C-8F68-E7AFB1BF0B3F.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 21

Passionfish

Hi,
A few weeks ago I got my first live plants, Rotala Indica and Rotala Wallichii. The Indica is doing great and I've even been able to get new growths from clippings, however I'm not sure about the Wallichii. The leaves are brown and thin but I can't tell if that's because it's meant to be a red plant or if it's dead. The stem is green. Additionally some of the bottom leaves are missing.
Is it dead, and if it is dead will it hurt my tank?
Thank you in advance!
Pics
It's starting to melt. I would remove it.

Upvote 0

Blabfish

It's starting to melt. I would remove it.
does that mean my other plant will eventually melt, or not necessarily? I remember when I was buying them they were in the same tank. I'm assuming this problem comes from wrong water parameters?

Upvote 0

Passionfish

does that mean my other plant will eventually melt, or not necessarily? I remember when I was buying them they were in the same tank. I'm assuming this problem comes from wrong water parameters?
Melting is not contagious. It just happens that your Rotala Wallichii is weaker than you Rotala indica. Your Rotala indica should be fine if it is growing nicely. Keep an eye on it though. Rotalas in particular are sensitive to water parameters, and they can melts kinda easily.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Spudsssy
  • Question
Replies
Views
gray_matter16
  • Question
Replies
Views