Is my RCS berried?

JessicaNikole

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi!! Can you please tell me if my rcs looks berried to you? I have had her for 2 weeks now and she is much bigger than she was when I brought her home... but this is my first time owning shrimp. After researching sexing once I brought my shrimp home, I established she was female and I noticed a brighter "saddle" then I noticed greenish balls inside near the saddle. She hid for most of last week and has been out and about the tank a little more the past couple days. Sorry the pictures aren't great, she is hard to get up close to.

Any advice on how to care for her and shrimplets, please let me know!

Water parameters are Amon 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 0, temp 78°, 10 gallon community tank: 3 guppies, 4 neon tetra, 2 peppered cories, 1 siamese algae eater, 2 rcs, 2 orange and 3 black/blue *cherry shrimp.

TIA
20200314_214346.jpg
20200314_214446.jpg
20200314_214407.jpg

jpaquatics

Reaction score
Hard to tell from those photos, but looks berried to me. If you see the eggs are now under her swimmerets, she’s berried. There’s no special care for the babies, just feed normally and care as you usually do. Just make sure you have plenty of hiding for them :)

OP
JessicaNikole

JessicaNikole

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jeremy Pearce said:
Hard to tell from those photos, but looks berried to me. If you see the eggs are now under her swimmerets, she’s berried. There’s no special care for the babies, just feed normally and care as you usually do. Just make sure you have plenty of hiding for them :)
After watching her for a few minutes, she moved to the perfect angle and fanned them... and I saw the eggs! There are places to hide, I am currently growing a java moss wall ( you can see the plastic craft board in the back of the picture) but I'm concerned about my filter. How would I slow the intake or block it a little, to help protect the babies?

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
JessicaNikole said:
After watching her for a few minutes, she moved to the perfect angle and fanned them... and I saw the eggs! There are places to hide, I am currently growing a java moss wall ( you can see the plastic craft board in the back of the picture) but I'm concerned about my filter. How would I slow the intake or block it a little, to help protect the babies?
If it's a hang on the back filter you can buy sponges to cover the intake. Aquarium Co-op sells several sizes. You could also make your own.

New Threads