Is my pleco ok?

OP
E

EchoI

Reaction score
TWiG87 said:
What are your water parameters? Something is definitely off with him.
Sorry that was an obvious bit I missed off.
I doubt myself testing as I'm still new to this and going by eye, I dont have specific examples in the flesh of this is exactly what it should look like. That said I've been to a fish store after testing it myself a few times and basically got the same results.

In this case as good as usual I think.

Amonia 0, ok it might have had the slightest tiny tint of green, but basically looked yellow to me.

Nitrate 10 or 20, they look the same on the chart.

Nitrite 0, definitely where ever I held the tube around a light of not it was blue.

pH fine, can't give an exact, a local store told me that with the API master test kit for some reason our local water as hard as it is, shows up harder, so it looks about 8.2 but really it's about er I think 7.5 they said

OP
E

EchoI

Reaction score
TWiG87 said:
Check this thread out. It looks similar to your situation

Swollen Pleco. | Freshwater Fish Disease 296933
Thanks, but looks the same as all the threads around the internet...no real answer or proven remedy. I looked all over when the attached picture happened a while back to our big BN, and he was the last fatality when setting this tank up after moving it from previous owner.

Was such a shame to lose him as he looked amazing, and we've had this little guy since long before we knew he was a guy!

Attachments

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yea he’s a good looking BN. Sorry you’re dealing with this

New Threads