Is my platy pregnant?

Littlebudda

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hard to tell from the photo but if nelly is getting bigger and gravid is getting bigger/darker then she is pregnant. Another good sigh is if she has ever been in with a male then yes

Datpersonwithplaties

Reaction score
Probably. I have a platy, but she is just healthily and naturally a bit big, I once thought she was pregnant (when she wasn’t) Because she’d just eaten had had a tiny bit of a belly. So I searched up how can I tell if my platy is pregnant and it came up with images on their belly is the shape of yours but a bit bigger (not being rude there) and they had a dark spot around there. Your platy does look like she is pregnant though. Google did say what I have described, by the way. I’d either compare it to some google images or get it checked out. By the way, just curious, how long has she looked like this? (she’s so adorable btw) Also well done for being so observant and being caring towards your fish! :)

Jennalovesanimals

Reaction score
Devonjlamerton94 said:
HI so ive checked tank just there and there is a baby fish but both my platys are hanging around the bottom of the tank and twisting body very weirdly. Thanks for your help
Umm that isn’t normal. Do you have your tank parameters?

New Threads