Is My Platy Pregnant?

AmandaNT

Reaction score
I created an account because I need some help with my platy. I’m pretty positive my platy is pregnant but I just want to be sure. She was with a male for about a week and it’s been 20 days since they were first together. She looks a little plumper but not by that much. She also doesn’t have a dark gravid spot.

I’m going to try to upload a picture. It looks like she might have a clear gravid spot but I don’t know if that’s possible. She doesn’t look 20 days pregnant to me, is it just because it’s her first pregnancy?
3A898EB6-265A-4B46-92CE-9997C99E459E.jpeg

JamieLu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I personally dont think shes pregnant. She woulda got alot bigger by now. But its always possible theres a few babies in that tummy. She also can hold sperm to use when shes ready. I have a female platy who keeps popping out a few here and there every month for 3 months now. Also had a guppy that did the same for 9 months.

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some don't really get bigger than they already are, but I agree that it doesn't look like she's pregnant. Which is surprising to me. But you never know, she might surprise you. Maybe she only will have a few fry. I don't pay any attention to gravid spots, mostly because my platies are spotted, but also because I don't see the point. I'll know for sure when I see the babies!
Have you read this? Some Misunderstandings When It Comes To Pregnancy And Sexual Organs

Top Bottom