Is My Plant Dying?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Borajess, Jun 13, 2018.

1. B

Borajess New Member Member

Hi! I just bought a new plant, but worried it might be dying. It looked fresh in the package; leaves were green and healthy. However, when I took it out, I saw the roots were black and spotted. I trimmed the main roots and cut the black, brittle baby roots.

I had to leave some spots on the main roots...

Just want to know if it'll survive or if this tiny thing is worth buying c02.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

That’s windelov java fern, the roots are supposed to be black, don’t bury it in the gravel. It’ll eventually rot if you leave it like that. Tie it to a rock or decoration. It’s one of easier plants to keep, they don’t need any co2 and little to no nutrients. They also grow pretty slow.

3. picolo003

picolo003 Valued Member Member

If you bought this at a petsmart or petco out of water it might be tied together with string which you should cut

4. OP
    OP
    B

I did! Thanks, the container did NOT have accurate instructions...

5. OP
    OP
    B

Oh nooo, I hope it'll be fine... I REALLY trimmed the roots to the point where it's completely gone. Not sure why the container had the same instructions as my other plants. Thank you for the knowledge!

6. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

It should be fine as long as you left a little of the roots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice