Is my oto glass surfing?

Gr198868

I have a 20 gallon tank that just finished cycling a couple weeks ago, I had only 3 guppies in it and decided it was time to get some more fish, I got 5 oto catfish and today 4 of them seem happy on their plants and glass and theyve cleaned up a bit of algae so I know theyre eating but one is going all over the glass, up down and side to side, is it looking for some food or is it glass surfing?

jake37

More likely looking for food. Since this is a new tank you should put in a raw slice of zuc. Just cut, wash, weigh it down (I use a plant weight) and an hour later you will likely have several hungry otto eat it.

Gr198868

jake37 said:
More likely looking for food. Since this is a new tank you should put in a raw slice of zuc. Just cut, wash, weigh it down (I use a plant weight) and an hour later you will likely have several hungry otto eat it.
I bought some algae wafers when I got them and put one in last night for them, ill try and find some zucchini as well

Pfrozen

I don't know, is it? Just kidding lol. Jake37 is spot on! It's just gonna take awhile for there to be enough food for the otos

Gr198868

Pfrozen said:
I don't know, is it? Just kidding lol. Jake37 is spot on! It's just gonna take awhile for there to be enough food for the otos
Alright thank you!

FinalFins

Gr198868 said:
I bought some algae wafers when I got them and put one in last night for them
Otocinclus are notorious for not accepting manufactured foods. I could only get mine to eat cucumber/zucchini and they still inevitably starved.

jake37

I feed mine a mix of zuc and soilent green. I have 9 or 11 (i forget) in a 40 breeder. They might still starve but about 1/2 of them are 7 month old and the others are around 8 weeks old (well time of ownership not fish age).

Gr198868

jake37 said:
I feed mine a mix of zuc and soilent green. I have 9 or 11 (i forget) in a 40 breeder. They might still starve but about 1/2 of them are 7 month old and the others are around 8 weeks old (well time of ownership not fish age).
Do they eat the zucchini raw as well or do you have to blanch it

jake37

I feed it to them raw.

Gr198868 said:
Do they eat the zucchini raw as well or do you have to blanch it

Top Bottom