Is my neyon tetra pregant or fat 10 Gallon Tank

1. tony220 Initiate Member

i just had me tank for matter of week and well 1 of me nyons seem starting get a belly compared to the other and it keeps attacking my other neyons... any information would be great as im new to the fish tanking world :)

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

hi, welcome to fishlore. :)
    without more information, it's hard to tell what's going on.
    do you know about the nitrogen cycle? if you do, did you cycle before adding the neons?
    are you able to take a picture?

if you'd fill out your aquarium information, it would be easier for members to give you advice :)

3. tony220 Initiate Member

No i dont knw about nitrogen cycle . i can take a picturs soon thanks

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

a photo will help.
    what all is in your tank? and do you know how many gallons it is? your post mentions tetras but your aquarium info says siamese fighters... I'm a little confused.

in my signature is a link to the nitrogen cycle. To keep a healthy tank, it's important to understand your fish's water. If you get a chance, you should read the link. :)

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi welcome to FishLore :)
    How many gallons is your tank?
    I don't see any neons listed in your aquarium info, only a Betta.

Since your tank is only a week old, it would be a good idea to read the link about the nitrogen cycle
    It would be a good idea to have your water tested for ammonia, nitrItes and nitrAtes.

I suspect that it's not pregnant, but showing signs of a cycling tank. If the betta is in with the neons, there could be stress issues also. Neons and Bettas are not compatible.

Edit: Duh, I see your title says 10g's. :)
    That answers that question. lol

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!