Is My New African Dwarf Frog Sick?

1. aaron0mae Initiate Member

Earlier Today, I decided to add more fish to my 10 gallon tank, and as I was browsing, I noticed the group of frogs that Petsmart was selling and I decided to get one as well. However, Mistake on my part, I dont think I analyzed him properly because when I brought him home and put him into my tank he seemed to swim funny. Mind you I am so new to owning fish I thought maybe thats just how frogs swim. A little later I was looking at him from above and I noticed that his back leg was covered in a slightly off-color green than the rest of his body, and the associated foot was missing the web inbetween his toes. I am so worried and Im not sure what to do. I do want to see if there is anything I can do to help him. I know that petsmart and petco are known for selling sick animals... I currently have him quarantined in a separate bowl. He seems fine, when I took him out to get a closer look at his leg (to make sure it wasnt fungus, which I dont think it is) he was hopping around fine, and he also occasionally swims to the top to take in air. He hasnt eaten anything yet, but I think that is because of the stress of having moved twice, plus being handled. Is there anything I can do? Is he sick or does he just have a nutrient deficiency? Is it safe to even have him in the tank? I had him in there for maybe 2 hours max before I took him out. Do I need to clean the tank water out? Please answer! thank you!! and im so sorry this is so long

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi aaron0mae welcome to FishLore!

Can you post a picture of the frog?

What size is the tank? Any other tank mates? If so what kind and how many?
    What are the readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?