Is my nerite ok?

TeeJay89

I've had my nerite Sirius for a while now, I had him in my 10 gallon tank with my Betta but recently transferred him to my new 5 gallon. I've noticed in both tanks that he normally likes to rest and eat above the water. I've checked the water parameters in both my tanks and they are fine, even the hardness. About a week ago I got 2 mystery snails, one for each tank because Sirius never ate any of the algae. I noticed that the mysterys eat like crazy, while my little nerite is just so much slower than them and doesn't really seem to eat hardly anything. I'll post a video of what I mean, of him being slower. Is that normal for them, could he just be older maybe? I know he must be eating something though because he has poop above the water line.
VIDEO

TeeJay89

Try feeding them algae wafers. My snails go nuts for them even my gouramis Too.

Thanks, I've tried that..even once put it right in front of him and tried to use boiled zucchini and he just completely ignored them.

Unknown9182

have you tried giving it to him at night?

richiep

Looking at the video there doesn't seem to be much food on the glass and may be going slower to pick off what he can

TeeJay89

Yes I left it overnight and unfortunately nothing..the strange thing is though is the tank he's in now was COVERED in brown algae. But he never eats below the waterline. Even when I had a algae bloom in my 10 gallon, you could see he little "tracks" everywhere above the glass and never touched the algae in the water. I'm not sure what he's eating up there, but since I added my mystery she's cleaned up almost the whole tank in a matter of days. I'm just not sure of what else to try, maybe different veggies?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Bettybrown922
  • Question
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Rtessy