Is My Nerite Dying?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by KoiBettas, Apr 20, 2019.

1. KoiBettasValued MemberMember

Is my nerite snail dying? It's been like this for the past few hours and i didnt want to disturb it yet. Its in my betta fry tank so the water conditions are perfect. My zebra nerite in another tank had layed upside down for a few hours just like this one and the day after i found out that it actually layed eggs. The one in the picture actually moved a tiny bit before but remained upside down. 1555752129678427124033070202996.jpg

2. JamieLuValued MemberMember

From what ive read before i bought mine is they have a really hard time flipping back over and u should prob flip him over cuz they can die from being stuck on their backs. Sometimes they can right themselves, sometimes they cant. Hopefully hes ok tho!

3. Tony MValued MemberMember

If I see mine like that, I flip them over. But I’m sure they can flip themselves as well because we’re not always there to help them. I’ve seen them laying eggs on the go, so I don’t think that’s what happening when there upside down. He either fell on his own or a curious fish knocked him off of something.

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Yes always flip your snails right side up :)

5. KoiBettasValued MemberMember

Im sure it's not that because I've seen him upside down before even whrn i have to move him and he falls upside down, they get back up straight away

6. JamieLuValued MemberMember

He may be in a position where hes having a hard time getting back up. Try flipping him right side up and see what happens

7. KoiBettasValued MemberMember

Ok thanks. Ill go and flip him