Is My Neon Pregnant? If Yes..... What Should I Do

1. Naveen Kingsley

Naveen Kingsley New Member Member

Looks like my neon is pregnant....I do not know what to do.....someone help me IMG-20180530-WA0000.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0001.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0002.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0006.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0008.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0004.jpg IMG-20180530-WA0005.jpg

2. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

Neons are egg scatterers, so if she is gravid (pregnant is for livebearers), there is nothing really to do. You may try feeding some live or frozen food.
    However there may be something else going on that is causing her to bloat. What do you feed, how much and how often? Does she swim normally? How are all the other fish in the tank? Tank size and water parameters? Have you noticed any other symptoms such as stringy white poo or loss of appetite? How long have you had them?

3. OP
    OP
    Naveen Kingsley

I have them in my tank for the past 3 months ......all my fishes are very active and they never waste their food when I feed them it gets over within seconds even this egg scatterer is very active and I never see any white poo.......it's a 2 feet tank IMAG1346.jpg

4. AngelTheGypsy

Is the tank 2 ft tall or wide?
    As long as the fish is still swimming and acting normal, I would just observe it. Without knowing the actual problem, medicating can do more harm than good.
    In case it may be constipation, fast the tank for 2-3 days, and if the fish is still bloated, try feeding a very small prtion of a blanched pea. This can help them with constipation.

5. OP
    OP
    Naveen Kingsley

So do u say that the fish is not carrying eggs......I can see the eggs in its belly

6. AngelTheGypsy

The fish may be carrying eggs, and if you can see the eggs that makes it more likely. If that is the case, nothing is wrong with her, which is good, and I would just observe. She will either scatter them, or reabsorb them and all is well.
    Sometimes fish can become egg bound, but I don't know much about that. It would be worth researching, though.

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Looks eggbound though.