[​IMG]

This is my male

[​IMG]

Both mollies

Thanks!!

I don't get it!

:(

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I think lyretail males can't reproduce because of their elongated gonopodium. How long ago did you get her, and was she with other males there?

3. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

There was a male in the tank, white non lyre tail, he passed away recently, but he could have done something...

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Then she might be. Time will tell.

5. octavio Member Member

Lyre tail mollies, both male and female, come from male and female lyre tail mollies. So, the male's gonopodium works just fine. Your female is most likely gravid . . . or soon will be. Good luck.

6. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Ok!

7. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Can you get a side pic of your male? If he has an elongated gonopodium, he won't be able to breed with your female. Lyretail males are often bred from lyretail females and non-lyretail males

8. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Ok!

If I can find him...

He's on the house in the middle

[​IMG]

It also could have been my deceased male

9. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I can't tell very easily from the pic (it won't let me see the pic bigger), but does your male look like this one?
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/fish-id-help/155109-female-male-mollies.html

If so, he has an elongated gonopodium and can't breed. Your other male probably got her pregnant though, if he didn't have an elongated gonopodium.

Not all lyretail molly males have elongated gonopodiums, but some do, and they can't breed because of it.

10. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

The deceased male did not have an elongated gonopodium...

Lol

11. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I meant the one pictured (male that's still alive), though as already mentioned, it's entirely possible that the other male mated with her before he died.

12. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

The current male has an elongated gonopodium

13. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You might need to rehome him eventually. With 4 angels in the tank your mollies are going to be cramped, and he might harass the female trying to mate with her (he doesn't know he won't be successful).

14. Molly105 Member Member

Yeah always have at least 2 females per male

15. TwoTonedTanker Member Member

Ok...
    :(
    Poor fish