Is my light good?

• Thread starter Kimara
  • Start date

Kimara

Hi! I have a 36g bow front and the light I got used is a fluorescent light, 120 VAC, 60Hz, 40W. The bulb is a Marineland F30T8 Natural Daylight bulb. I assumed I had "low light" but now I'm not so sure? Can anyone help me figure it out?

LeviS

Its gonna be low light at substrate, I use to have a 36 bow front and it was pretty tall tank. T8 is not a high output fixture. So you are correct its low light. Maybe someone else would chime in with more specifics. Are you wanting higher light or happy with what you have? Wanting to grow some plants and need to know which ones?

Kimara

Well today I bought some different varieties of crypts to go with my anubias so I'm not worried. I assumed I had low light and bought accordingly. I just REALLY want swords as I feel like they would go perfect in this tank and got a little excited. I will probably replace the bulb at some point but kinda glad I won't have to buy a new fixture.

I'll attach a pic of the tank I JUST finished filling! ♥ I feel like some tall swords would be perfect.20200925_194245.jpg

LeviS

Nice looks good, u can try a sword and see what happens, it should be fine, maybe some root tabs in the substrate to help it.

Kimara

That's true. And I have some root tabs already. Maybe I'll give it a shot. :)

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Yes that’s low light. Fluorescent light bulbs only hold there brightness for about 6 months than they need to be replaced. Look into a vivagrow 24/7 led. They last for a long time and use next to nothing in electric. Should find what you need on eBay for around $50.

Top Bottom