Is my Jack Dempsey a male of female?

Discussion in 'Jack Dempsey' started by blueiristyson, Dec 17, 2009.

1. blueiristyson

blueiristysonValued MemberMember

I bought this JD from pet supplies plus 3 monthes ago and I still dont know for sure if it' s a male or female.He/she is about 5 inches long and I think it might be a male but I don't know for sure. ( I tell everyone it is a male)..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. platy ben

platy benWell Known MemberMember

I would have to say its a female, its head doesn't seem big and broad enough to be a male and also the fins aren't aslong as what i've seen with other males, nice fish! :)

3. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning. Sorry I can't sex your fish for you but it sure is beautiful! I'm sure you'll get more responses soon.
    Ken

4. iloveengl

iloveenglWell Known MemberMember

I don't know anything about sexing JDs, but I think they're SO pretty, so I just came to check out your pictures. ;D He or she is definitely a beauty! Thanks for the pics (and sorry I don't have an answer).

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

My guess would be a male. Females have more blue dots on their face and less blue dots on their bodies.

6. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

+2 its a very handsome boy...looks like a gold jd/reg jd combo

7. CamachoValued MemberMember

+3 male

8. TaylormadeR7Valued MemberMember

Male. Very unusual coloring. Looks a little gold to me. Would like to see some more photos in a few months as he grows.

9. CHoffman

CHoffmanFishlore VIPMember

He's a very pretty boy!! Great coloring. I'd love too see more photos as well!

10. jgon_

jgon_Well Known MemberMember

If its a male, sure looks like he enjoys wearing lipstick. ;)
    Very interesting coloring, more pics!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice