is my idea for my 75 gallon tank stock good?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The BGK will outgrow the 75.

An elephant nose will most certainly get outcompeted for food in that proposed tank.

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think the black ghost knife is a night time predator, I had a knife fish once and I would find mystery deaths every now and then. I never knew what happened to my fish dying, but I read on here that they are pretty aggressive. I found half a rainbow shark once, pretty sure it was the knife fish.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like you had an abba abba knife. THOSE things are aggressive. Africans are quite timid, and most peoples accounts of bgk is they are also shy. I have not had my bgk long enough to comment on it's adult temperment, but as a juvi mine is shy.

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm not a 100% what kind of knife he was, but here is a picture. Sorry it's not better it was taken a long time ago.
knife.jpg

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He was very very shy during the day, but if I stayed up at night with a full moon he was all over the place. He spent most of his day under that rock. The only other agressive fish I had was the rainbow shark, at least that I know now.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bk's are most deff preditors at night time...especially as adults.....I dont think a 75g can house one as an adult either...nor will it be room enough for clownies if you have the other fish....I think the angels, rbs, serpae's, and some khuli's would make a fun tank..at .have some silk/real plants with big leaves that are taller, would help also..not sure on the ropefish..never kept them..although tigers are nippy, if you get a big enough school (6-10) they may do ok.....good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom