Is My Guppy Squared Off?

Grace Beale

Reaction score
i’ll put a photo into my albums, her Gracie spot is a light brown colour in some places but I’ve read that can sometimes just be the colour of the dry or an egg sac/yolk or something.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Grace Beale said:
i’ll put a photo into my albums, her Gracie spot is a light brown colour in some places but I’ve read that can sometimes just be the colour of the dry or an egg sac/yolk or something.
Could you post a picture in the topic please? Preferably a side view. Thanks

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Np and any idea when she got pregnant or she had her last batch of fry? Ime its always 4 weeks give or take a few days.

If you just got her, then id guess around 2 weeks.

Also, bear in mind that their first batch or two are always smaller and their stomach wont be as pronounced. Additionally, if the fish is stressed etc they will either hild the fry for shorter/longer than they should (which is bad for the fry) or they abort them. So dont be too upset if something goes wrong with your first pregnancy.

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mine is literally a ballon for maybe week (just like in pictures maybe bigger)and still dont drop the fry

Grace Beale

Reaction score
fjh said:
Np and any idea when she got pregnant or she had her last batch of fry? Ime its always 4 weeks give or take a few days.

If you just got her, then id guess around 2 weeks.

Also, bear in mind that their first batch or two are always smaller and their stomach wont be as pronounced. Additionally, if the fish is stressed etc they will either hild the fry for shorter/longer than they should (which is bad for the fry) or they abort them. So dont be too upset if something goes wrong with your first pregnancy.
I got her from a friend that day, sorry to tell you that you were quite wrong. She had 30 healthy fry just a few hours after that photo was taken.
I guess not all guppies get to the size of a plane before they drop ‍♀

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Grace Beale said:
I got her from a friend that day, sorry to tell you that you were quite wrong. She had 30 healthy fry just a few hours after that photo was taken.
I guess not all guppies get to the size of a plane before they drop ‍♀
Congrats on the fry!!

And yes, it is hard to estimate due dates purely based on visual factors - just look at how much it varies with humans.
Also their first few batches of fry tend to be smaller, so in 4 weeks she might look more plane sized lol

Grace Beale

Reaction score
fjh said:
Congrats on the fry!!

And yes, it is hard to estimate due dates purely based on visual factors - just look at how much it varies with humans.
Also their first few batches of fry tend to be smaller, so in 4 weeks she might look more plane sized lol

Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom