Is My Guppy Pregnant?

1. L

LucyQuan New Member Member

3 weeks ago, I noticed my plump female guppy had a very dark gravid spot. She was kept in a community tank with ~10 males and a bunch more females. I figured she is pregnant so I moved her to a different tank for breeding. She's also eating a lot. Her gravid spot recently starts to develop some orange-ish color.

However, her belly is not getting any bigger. If anything, she is even a bit skinnier now than before I moved her. But she is still very active and healthy. I'm starting to wonder whether she is pregnant.

Attached Files:

2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

There's really no point reading your post any further.

Yes, she's pregnant.

3. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

If she is with males she is pregnant lol. Pretty much a law of owning guppies xD Mine always start to change shape a bit before dropping fry. They square off making them look a little smaller and less pregnant and then out pop 30-40 fry. You may be seeing babies pretty soon. I also have one that I have had for almost 2 months who hasn't dropped her fry yet. It was just her and a male in my tank for awhile and she was sold to me as pre-hit but I'm not sure she actually was. I think if she was pregnant she had just dropped babies or reabsorbed them because she is just now looking like she's pregnant at this point. I have quite a few that are going to drop soon and just had a purple nebula guppy drop around 30 fry. No idea what I'm going to do with all of these guppies while they are growing out to sell, lol!

4. 13fishy wishes

13fishy wishes Valued Member Member

I have the same problem ! 1 female in a tank with 3 males trying to breed them . 3 weeks later she still has no coloring for her gravid spot ! She is considerably bigger but no gravid spot ! Is their something wrong with my guppy !?